On the 1st of April 2019, SUMITOMO Corporation acquired 90% of shares of SACI-CFPA. It was a strategic action for Sumitomo Corporation in its cosmetic business activities after acquisitions of PRESPERSE CORP. in USA, COSMOTEC in Brazil and Summit Pharmaceuticals Europe. The acquisition of SACI-CFPA allows the Japanese group to expand its business field and nowadays Sumitomo provides high quality cosmetic ingredients coming from various parts of the world.
In 1997, Société Nouvelle SACI acquired CFPA and became SACI-CFPA.
All administrative, commercial and technical activities were centralized on the 4th floor of 9 rue Richepanse, which became in 2004, rue du Chevalier de Saint-George.
Société Nouvelle SACI started as independent company and decided to build an application laboratory in cooperation with CFPA.
In 1985, S.E. SACI was handling a key range of products.
CFPA acquired S.E. SACI. Then, S.E. SACI became Société Nouvelle SACI.
Thus, Société Nouvelle SACI has just expanded the range of products offered by the CFPA.
The office building and its headquarters are at 9 rue Richepanse (75) and the warehouse shared with CFPA is in La Plaine St Denis.
The development of Société Nouvelle SACI is very fast. In 1994, the stock of Société Nouvelle SACI was transferred to warehouses of the transport company ROMON in Gonesse (95).
In 1957, CFPAC became the Comptoir Français des Produits Aromatiques (CFPA).
The company rented a warehouse at the Central Pharmacy of France in La Plaine St Denis (93).
In 1982, the Central Pharmacy of France was transferred in Ardeche. CFPA purchased and renovated a part of the premises (1862), since then registered in the Supplementary Inventory of Historic Monuments (office building, guardian’s lodge, warehouse and chimney), works of the architect Jules Saulnier, known for the Menier factory in Noisiel (77), currently Nestlé headquarters.
In 1953, the CFPAC relocated from 242 rue de Rivoli, Paris 1st district, to 9 rue Richepanse, Paris 8th district, next to the Madeleine Church, where the company is still located today.
Mr. Gilbert LE BOUËDEC joined the company after his demobilization at the end of the Second World War (1939-1945) and diversified the activities by creating the cosmetic section.
In 1937, establishment of the Comptoir Français des Produits Aromatiques Coloniaux (CFPAC), company specialized in the distribution of essential oils, mostly of African origin, destined to the perfume industry.